Arunachal Pradesh Travel Info
Lonely Planet India magazine’s recognition:
• Arunachal Pradesh is chosen by voters as the world’s fourth best travel destination in 2012.
• Arunachal Pradesh is nominated as one of the top 21 under-the–radar destination in the world in 2013.
Outlook Traveller India magazine’s recognition:
• Arunachal Pradesh is preferred as the favourite upcoming destination by the readers.
• Arunachal Pradesh is recognised as the only state in India which is homeland to 26 different major indigenous tribes and numerous sub-tribes within the same state having different cultural identity.
• Arunachal Pradesh is also designated as the only state in India to be the habitat of four valued members of the cat family ie, Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Clouded Leopard and Snow Leopard.
• The Tawang monastery is globally famous for being one of the oldest and the second largest Buddhist monastery in Asia after Lhasa.
• Sela Pass located in the entrance to the Tawang valley at an altitude of 13,700 feet above sea level is considered as the world’s highest motor-able high altitude mountain pass.
• The Tipi Orchid Sanctuary near Bhalukpong is recognized as Asia’s third largest Orchidarium.
• The suspension bridge over the Deopani River near Roing is regarded as Asia’s longest Bailey suspension bridge.
(For more information, please visit Arunachal Pradesh)